Since we haven't been able to find a time to talk to everyone in person, we would like to post a proposition.
If your name is:
Emily Dixon
Lilli Dixon
Missy Dixon
Heather Dixon
Mary Wolford
Katie Thompson
Faunice Dixon
or
Kristy Dixon
We would love to ask you to be a bridesmaid for Jim and Erin's wedding! We're asking all the bridesmaids to wear a black dress of their style choice, with red shoes also their own style choice. If you have any questions, let mus know.
If your name is:
Adam Dixon
Tom Dixon
Peter Dixon
Scott Wolford
or
Robert Thompson
We would love to ask you to be groomsmen! Black suits (white shirt) will be the order of the day! We will be finding matching red ties for all the men. Again, let us know if you have any questions.
Mom and Dad, if you would also wear a black dress and black suit, respectively. (unless you both want to wear a dress..... ;-) ).
The colors of the wedding will be a Victorian shade of red, a periwinkle/light blue accents, with black and ivory to tie everything together.
You already all know this, but just to put it in stone the wedding is May 25th, 2011. Ceremony in the Salt Lake Temple at 11am, Reception in the Joseph Smith Building, Empire room from 6:30-8:30pm.
Erin will be going to the temple for her own endowment some evening a few weeks before the wedding. There is no set date yet, but you are welcome to join. She won't be offended if no one comes (except for Jim, then she might be a little ticked), it is optional. It will be low-key, nothing afterward.
12 comments:
Things are getting exciting! Dad and I would be honored to be able to go through the Temple with you when you get your endowments. Thank you Erin for inviting us. Dad and I feel like Jim is getting a real gem!
I've always wanted red shoes and now I have an excuse to buy them!
Thanks Erin!
I've always wanted red shoes too.
Chuck Taylor All Stars are okay right?
If that's what you want Scott, I say, sure why not! :)
Seriously. I know you weren't, but why not live a little!
Yes! I love red shoes!
Oh! I have a black dress and have been wanting to get red shoes. Hooray!!
Just wondering, when are we wearing these dresses? Just the reception or to both the reception and temple? That might influence my decision on style. Are you thinking slightly more formal or just whatever we want?
Thanks,
Faunice
The dresses will be for the reception. The temple papers said they want guests just in Sunday clothes. You can wear pretty much whatever you want, I think there will be varying degrees of "formal-ness" from person to person. Whatever you feel good in!
Anyone know where to get a black dress that doesn't look like my grandma bought it, is modest, and doesn't cost more than my house?:)
@Kristy - I've seen some really cute ones at Ross (though you'll need to wear a jacket with them--but black jackets are usually easy to find). If you want to go shopping sometime I'll come along! (I loves Ross)
I found two modest dress internet sites. http://www.jenclothing.com/ and http://www.shabbyapple.com/
Shabby apple has a lot of variety but is kind of hard to search and some of their dresses can only be returned for exchange. I loved the "antiquated", but I decided to go with the eva from jen clothing because it was cheaper and had a generous return policy. Shopping new clothing sites is always risky until you know how you fit into their sizes.
There are some on sale at Downeast online, and I've seen a few really cute ones in the stores.
Post a Comment