Monday, March 14, 2011

Hello all!

I hope you are all doing well on a hour less of sleep. God must bless his missionaries, because I haven't noticed a difference!

This coming week is going to be awesome! We have a baptism coming up. Her name is Nikia, and we've been teaching her for a while. She asked me to sing Ave Maria at the baptism. That will be interesting. A Catholic Christmas song at a Mormon baptism. I don't know if there is any sort of unspoken rule forbidding that. I don't know. I'm sure if Praise to the Man was being sung at a catholic baptism, no one would mind. Well maybe a few people. Anyway, things are going really well here. we are working hard and God is blessing us.
...so I'm sitting in the Library, and a police man just ran by me and arrested this lady. There was the reading of rights and handcuffing and everything. I don't know what just happened, but whatever it was, it was pretty cool.

My memory card just ran out of room for my camera, so I'm going to put all my pictures on a CD and possibly mail it home.

Sorry I don't have more exciting things to report.

Oh! some drunk guy on the train threatened to break my face if I didn't give him my seat. that was exciting. but other than that, nothing really.

I was actually thinking (for all of you who read Terry Pratchett) that Boston is just like Anhk-Morpork. the people here are super cynical, and always enjoy a show. There are street performers everywhere, and if there is a fight (which happens on Saturday nights when all the drunk Irish come out) everyone gathers around to watch and cheer and take bets.
I love it.

I hope everything is well with you and that you all get through this next week, it sounds like it'll be busy. Good luck! I love you and pray for you!
Sister Dixon

No comments: