Sell your home! Get out of there! Fast, before anyone notices that thing!
As you probably know, there are big arms behind that thing so it can't be removed without making a big hole.
So I carefully hammer the thing so it is flush with or a little below the wall, then cover it with plaster.
It might also be possible to grind the top off with a moto-tool and abrasive disk. If you do this, you can push the backside into the wall and you don't have any metal embedded in your wall. I haven't tried this, but have the tools if you want to borrow them.
Good luck, Mr. Phelps (ask someone old like me what that means).
Thanks, Dad, for your great advice. I have about five of them and I think I'll try grinding them first.
I tore down the hideous valances in the living room and now there are holes, patches and several different colors of paint exposed. Scott asked why I did it if I have no immediate plans of painting -- I have no answer, but he should be glad I didn't take a sledge hammer to the paneled wall by the stairs while I was in my destructo-mode.
I'll post pics when (or rather, if) I get the walls painted.
3 comments:
Sell your home! Get out of there! Fast, before anyone notices that thing!
As you probably know, there are big arms behind that thing so it can't be removed without making a big hole.
So I carefully hammer the thing so it is flush with or a little below the wall, then cover it with plaster.
It might also be possible to grind the top off with a moto-tool and abrasive disk. If you do this, you can push the backside into the wall and you don't have any metal embedded in your wall. I haven't tried this, but have the tools if you want to borrow them.
Good luck, Mr. Phelps (ask someone old like me what that means).
Dad
Sounds like it's curtains for you!
Thanks, Dad, for your great advice. I have about five of them and I think I'll try grinding them first.
I tore down the hideous valances in the living room and now there are holes, patches and several different colors of paint exposed. Scott asked why I did it if I have no immediate plans of painting -- I have no answer, but he should be glad I didn't take a sledge hammer to the paneled wall by the stairs while I was in my destructo-mode.
I'll post pics when (or rather, if) I get the walls painted.
Post a Comment