Hey Y'all!
This week has been a walking week! And it's been very very humid. This is a big area with not enough miles. The bus helps a little, but it doesn't go to very many places, so I am very sore and tired this morning.
There has been some good perks to the week though. Jim, the investigator who let us use his GPS, has come a long way. When we first met him I didn't think he would go anywhere. He was constantly drinking beer and smoking and wouldn't quit because he said it was good for him. He challenged everything we believed and felt like he wasn't doing anything wrong. Basically, he was in denial. Now, he is really wanting to change his life around. He called us up to tell us that he is going to stop drinking and smoking and get his life in order. He also dumped his girlfriend, who was very anti against the church. I am amazed at how much he has turned around. It's those things that makes being a missionary great.
That was the highlight for the week. We are going to be walking even more this week. At least until Friday. My comp says that it's like this every month. The next time I see president I am going to get on my hands and knees and beg him for more miles. We really need it. Especially for this next month, it is sooo hot in August.
Well, I love y'all!
Sister Dixon
No comments:
Post a Comment