Hey Y'all!
Well, I really really like my new area. It is a fun college town. It is really weird to be talking and teaching people that are my own age. It's very different from any of my other areas. There are definite perks to a college town. First of all we get to ride the CAT bus, which is free for anyone. SC doesn't have a public transportation system, so riding on a free bus where ever you go is lots of fun and saves a lot of miles and gas for our car. It's pretty much my favorite.
Clemson colors are orange and purple and so everything is bright orange. Even grocery stores and stuff. It's kinda funny. Orange isn't really my favorite, but I like purple all right.
We are teaching some cool people here too. There is a college student who is getting baptized on Wednesday. I don't really know him too well yet. We are also teaching a Brazilian. He is a student here and he is the funniest person ever. He seems really interested the in the gospel, but he has only been in America for a few months and still trying to get used to the culture and the whole "southern" thing. He speaks English pretty well, but we still have to explain things a few times before he understands. He is just way cool.
There are a lot of people from different nationalities. Especially from China and India. It is really different for me to teach someone without a Christian background. I haven't had to do that up until now. I hashed it the first time, but now I am learning how to do it.
It's a good area and I really like it. I hope they keep me here for a long time. They tend to move me a lot. I think I have been in more areas then any other sister. It's been fun, but I just want to stay here now.
Well, I love y'all!
Sister Dixon
1 comment:
Hi Julie,
Love the blog...Melisa does too and she wants to be invited on. Her email is misagrace@gmail.com. Have a super day. May the red/green show live forever!
Post a Comment