Monday, July 4, 2016

Zuster Lilli and Elder Adam's 4th of July Email

Just in case you may not have heard...Adam's release date is August 10th. His plane flies in the Salt Lake International airport at 2 pm on that day!!!! 

 Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait!

Zuster Lilli

To All My Adoring Fans,

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes. It is so good to hear from everybody.  And to those who didn't wish me a happy birthday, you are forever dead to me ðŸ‘¿

This week has felt so long! Since our P-day last week was switched we had an extra two days to our week.  Those two days make a big difference.

So, I think this is one of the coldest 4th of July's I have ever had! It blows my mind that it is the middle of summer and I still have to lug my winter coat around (to be fair, it is mostly so that I don't get completely soaked when it rains (it doesn't really work))
Our senior couple, the Caldwells, are throwing a 4th of July party and I looked out their window to see that Groningen has put on their very own parade for me! 





So this week I went to Bert and Joke.  Bert is Mom's 5th cousin and we had a meeting all about family history.  He has done so much family history work! He has books and books all about his family.  It was really interesting meeting that I had with him.  He is not interested in the Church but is interested in keeping in contact with me. 


I love you all! Enjoy your parade and 95 degree weather!

Happy 4th of July!
Zuster Dixon


Elder Adam

Dear Family,

Lately, my pensionist's kids have been noticing that my hairline is receding. NOOOOOOOOOOO! Now they call me bald all the time. :P A few weeks ago, I made the joke that there exists a magic elixir called Rogaine that makes hair grow, and my pensionist mentioned that she can make a special shampoo that would do the same. I didn't think anything of it...

...Until this week, when she had a bottle of this special shampoo prepared for little surprised me. You want to know how she made it? She minced onions, put it in a bottle of "Head & Shoulders", and waited 8 days for it to ferment. She promised me that it would restore my hairline. I was doubtful, but I shrugged and decided to humor her. 

I haven't noticed any difference yet, but my companion, the other missionaries, my pensionist, and her kids all have mentioned that I've had a bit more hair. I think they're all just saying that to make me feel good. :P It certainly has been the strangest shampoo I've used.

I've been working especially hard with my "goal investigators", and it's actually looking very good for them! They came to church yesterday and Lorena told us that she's had an answer about the veracity of the Book of Mormon! Jose is a little bit tougher, but we'll eventually be able to help him too! I'm having a good feeling about them!

I'm also having a good feeling about the less-active people we've been teaching. Usually, at church, the norm for less-actives that come is about 2 or 3. This week, we sky-rocketed up to 10! We're going to be working hard on them too!

I hope everyone's having a fantastic 4th of July! Eat lots of candy and watermelon for me! Tell everyone I love them! 

Love,
Adam

No comments: