Monday, July 18, 2016

Zuster Lilli and Elder Adam July 18th email


Zuster Lilli
Hey All


This has been a really good, but a really long week.  I moved all my stuff to Gouda on Wednesday without too much trouble and met my new companion, Sister Stewart-Chester.  She is awesome! She plays the guitar and we sing at almost every appointment. 

Although I was really sad to leave Groningen, Gouda is so beautiful and the ward is also a good one.  We have a dinner appointment every night (almost) and I am already relief society pianist... again.

A cool experience that we had yesterday was when we looked up this guy that Sister SC had met earlier. He is from Syria and doesn't speak Dutch or English, but we went anyway. He was there with his brother and his brothers family and they were all really nice, they fed us cake (which was good because we hadn't eaten lunch yet) and we talked through their phones on their translating apps.  Technology is so cool! It is amazing to me that we could have a conversation with people who couldn't speak our language.  They just seemed so happy that we were there and we have a return appointment on Thursday.

Thanks for all the emails, I LOVE hearing from all of you!

Loves
Zuster Dixon

P.S. Remember that surprise that I told you about last week? 
Well here it is



One of the members in the Groningen ward offered to braid my hair for me, so I bought the extentions and my last p-day we went over to her house and she braided my hair for 5 hours!
I am now a black lady :)




​me and Sister Stewart-Chester






Elder Adam,

Dear Family,

First of all, thanks for sending the pictures and Heather's hilarious blog post! I know I don't always mention that I get those things, and I apologize for that, but rest assured that I've been recieving everything you send me!

This week, I had the opportunity to finally meet the new mission president, President Li. I thought meeting a new president would've been awkward and that it would've taken a while to get used to him, but when we met him, he stuck to us. He really won our hearts! He's a pretty cool guy with a great testimony! 

We've been working pretty hard with Jose and Lorena (my goal), and it seems that Jose is finally starting to feel the spirit! Lorena got her answer a while ago, so she's been able to help them, but what really made the difference is that we were able to score a lesson with the bishop, and that made the difference. So, Steven and Lilli, if you want to feel the spirit more abundantly in your lessons, don't hesitate to call the members so they can tag-along with you!

We had a rather humorous experience this past week. A few weeks ago, we had met a man named Yusset who we first taught on a street bench. To the bench came 3 other people who decided to participate, and we were stunned! It was nuts how it just happened that way.

But THIS week, we decided to sit down and cool off for a few minutes at the same bench. Wouldn't you know it, another miracle happened! Some lady we never met came up and said, "I have a referral for you two. You're Mormons, right?"

"Yeah," I said, a little amazed at how blunt and direct she was in saying she had a referral. "Who's the referral?"

She pointed at a man in an orange shirt across the street. "It's him. His name is Hermes, and he's actually wanted to talk to you for a while."

It was amazing! We were able to know the both of them and they seem like a family with some fantastic potential! Maybe we ought to sit at that bench more often so that other things like that can happen! 

Sorry to hear that Katie's not doing so well. I will pray harder than I ever have this week for her. I know that the Lord can whip up a miracle for her. Who's the one going to United Arab Emirates? The email I got was sent from Mom's email, but Dad's the one that goes on the business trips, so I'm a little confused. I hope that you're both here for when I come back!

The time's coming, Steven! Always remember that these two years are going to be the best two years of your life! 

Love,

Adam

No comments: