Have I told you how great it is to be in this family with you! Dad and I feel so blessed! We love you all very much!
Dear Family,
Unfortunately, Peru doesn't celebrate Halloween like United States does. They acknowledge it's existence, but rather than celebrate it, they resort to their normal Peruvian holidays and instead celebrate Day of the Dead, which is the day right after Halloween.
How do they celebrate Day of the Dead? It's pretty much the exact same as Memorial Day, where the people visit the graves of those who have passed on.
I, too, celebrated Day of the Dead in my own special way: With an awesome lesson on the Plan of Salvation! We were teaching a family about where everyone goes after dying, and one of our investigators had so many good questions, and we had so many good answers! It made me feel good to be answering so many questions and for her to be understanding each and every one on the spot (because down here, sometimes it takes multiple explanations of the same thing to be understood). In the end, she was very touched by the fact that God gives all his children the opportunity to hear the gospel and live its ordinances.
I dressed up as a missionary for Halloween this year! I'll admit, I may have been the only one in Nauta who loves Halloween like a child, but the sky that night told me otherwise. It was extremely cloudy (but not rainy), with lightning nearly every second, making it a perfect Halloween night. I know Scott would've loved taking pictures of it!
This week, we also were able to get two investigators married! Luis and Elena are now one step closer to their baptism! We've also got a baptism coming up this week! We're going to have a good couple of weeks coming up!
What's everyone up to over there? Did you all have a fantastic Halloween? I'm glad Dad was able to make it back home safely. What kind of stuff do you guys have coming up these next few weeks?
I love each and every one of you, and so does the Lord! Always remember he's there to lend a hand when we trust in him!
Love,
Adam
3 comments:
We will be at your house on Sunday, so maybe we can draw names then? Or the random drawing program sounds really cool too.
I'll be there on Sunday too! But we could try the Randomizer if not everyone can make it.
I was wondering if maybe this year we could donate to Katie's bone marrow transplant rather than exchanging gifts? We could make a little ceremony of it for the kid's sake?
Post a Comment