Monday, November 23, 2015
Elder Adam's Thanksgiving Email!
Dear Family,
We want to thank all who prayed and fasted for Katie yesterday. There is great power when those with faith fast and pray together. We love you all!
Just in passing Adam mentioned in an email to me today giving me some answers to questions I had asked him, he said that a missionary in his last area sent him an email telling him that an investigator family just had a little baby and named him Dixon. I thought that rather interesting! Had to share!
Love you all,
Mom
Dear Family,
This week went very well for us! After weeks of delays and postponing,
we finally had three of the four baptisms (the last one is scheduled
for Saturday the 28th)! We baptized Luis and Elena Chumbe and
re-baptized Sister Sylvia!
The baptism went surprisingly smoothly, until near the end. Luis and
Elena invited their entire family to the baptism, so they also made
dinner and bought soda for everyone, and didn't tell us until
everything was wrapping up, when their son came in with a giant pot of
food. So we stayed after for about another hour, trying to get people
to finish up so we could close and lock the church doors.
And Sunday, we were very occupied getting the baptism papers all set
and stone, which ate up a lot of our time and we weren't able to get
very many lessons in this week. But after talking with some of the
converts, I felt alright again.
Before being baptized, Luis asked me if he could share his testimony
in front of everyone afterwards. It surprised me, because no one asked
if they could do that. We usually just sprung the opportunity on them
by surprise. I told him of course and he bore a very firm and sweet
testimony of the change he's experienced in his life. He compared
himself to an animal before he chose to live the gospel. The spirit
was very strong!
On Wednesday, we also had a Zone Conference, so I spent the entire day
up in Iquitos. I got to tag-along with one of the new missionaries,
Elder Greene. It was a very cool experience, being able to work with a
brand-new missionary.
This next week, like I mentioned, we're going to be baptizing Sister
Sandra. She's got a ton of faith, and I'm very excited for her
baptism!
How is everyone doing up there? Is it already Thanksgiving time? I'm
going to have to do something special to celebrate. I'm also going to
do a special fast for Katie. Get well soon, Katie! I love you!
Love,
Adam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment