Hooray about Katie! Prayers will not cease!
This week has been busy! We have helped people move and organize their houses. It has been quite a task! The people of New England are inherent Hoarders! some of them have birdhouses that are falling apart they don't want to get rid of! We were helping our investigator Linda clean her house and she is obsessed with Elvis, so we were finding moldy Elvis paraphernalia from the 60s she wasn't going to get rid of. It was so much fun! However, not so much fun, I think I caught something from one of the houses we've been in recently, because I haven't been feeling well. Last night We didn't have anyone for Dinner and I told my companion I was going to lie down during dinner hour and then we could get up and go out. When I woke up, it was 7am this morning. She said she didn't have the heart to wake me up. It just surprises me because I don't feel too bad today.
Anyway, that's about all about me...now I'll give you the next installment with Jacob and Mary...
Anyway, that's about all about me...now I'll give you the next installment with Jacob and Mary...
So we were at a members home, helping out because the father has a problem with his leg and can't stand on it right now (It looks all nasty, like his leg is rotting off) and we get a call from Jacob. He would call us every so often just to tell us about his progress with smoking. So I cheerfully answer the phone,
"Hey Jacob, how is it going?"
"Is there anyone in the ward who could put me up for the night?"
"Erm...why?"
"I can't stay here I'm leaving."
"What happened?"
"My wife is the devil!"
At which point, There is yelling in the background and the phone is wrestled away from Jacob and I hear Mary,
"I just can't handle him! He keeps asking for a cigarette over and over and over! I'm done! I'm not giving it to him!"
"Good Mary! Don't!"
"Yeah, but he's yelling at me and shoving me around!"
"Are you hurt?"
At this point there is more yelling and scuffling.
"Mary, let me talk to Jacob!"
"He says he doesn't want to talk to you. He locked himself in the room. I don't know what to do! He's a monster."
"It's just the addiction talking. It's okay, he'll come to himself soon. Don't worry."
"I know, it's just...hard to handle."
"Give us a call if he is unmanageable and we will be right over."
So I hang up the phone and tell Sister Allen what's going on. Jacob likes to overreact to things so we weren't too worried, in fact, we kind of laughed about it (we are so callow) but about twenty minutes later, Mary calls us back up, crying.
"Sisters, He's threatening to leave me! he's packing his things!"
Sister Allen and I look at each other.
"Where is he going to go? He is so dependent on you! He has no money, no drivers license and no friends around."
Mary paused. "That's true."
Then we started laughing. "Betcha he will be back in fifteen minutes. Let him go. We will be right over.
So we drove over there and just as we came up to their porch, Mary came out crying.
"I can't handle it anymore!"
"How long did he last?" We asked, after handing her a tissue.
She gave a little smile. "Ten minutes."
"He's back now?"
"Yes. he's pouting in his room."
"Well, lets go in and do something about this."
So we went in, and to make a very long story short, We left them laughing and cuddling and watching home videos. The spirit is amazing!
So that was the most exciting thing that has happened this week. Sorry for the blow by blow, but I thought it was hilarious! They are doing well. Jacob had to stand up in Gospel principals and give a short speech about how God helped him through the trial, but how he was on his third day without cigarettes and he was done with them. He also listed all the good reasons for quitting smoking and gave a demonstration of how his breathing has improved in just three days! We love Jacob and Mary so much! they are tons of fun.
Well, I love you all! I hope this week is awesome for you. I won't be e-mailing until next Wednesday because it's transfer time again! Anyway, I love you all!
Sister Dixon
No comments:
Post a Comment