Hello wonderful families and friends!
It sounds like things are going slightly better for Katie! God is amazing. I will be constantly praying for you! My heart goes out to you. I love you tons!
This week was pretty good. We went over to teach Jacob and Mary and we found out that they caved in to temptation again. So we had a very spiritual lesson about why they wanted to give it up and at the end of it, Jacob pulls out his pack of cigarettes and looks at them thoughtfully,
"It's salvation or a cigarette." I say, thinking I'm all clever.
He looks over and hucks the cigarettes at me. Then he goes through the whole house and gives us all his cigarettes, his coffee, his energy drinks, energy shots, coffee creamers, and then, as a final last touch, he unplugs the coffee maker and hands it to me.
"Get it out. I never want to see it again." He says.
We were so excited at the end of the lesson, that Sister Allen had to get out of the car and run about half a mile before she could sit still. I drove behind her singing the rocky theme at the top of my lungs. We threw it all away except for the creamers. They are perfectly good and we put it in our hot chocolate :)
So we just had a super fun P-day. A member drove us down to Newport, RI. If there was anywhere I wanted to live, it is down there. It is the epitome of cute New England seaside village. As we started to drive around, We were passing these beautiful big homes
"Oh, what beautiful mansions" I say.
"Oh,"says our member, "Those are just the servants quarters..." then we turn the corner, and SHAZAAM!!! It was the biggest mansion I had ever seen! It looked like Pemberly off of Pride and Prejudice. Naked statues included!! We went to four giant mansions, each bigger than the next. Apparently, when the railroad was being built, the giant tycoons all built their hugeo mansions within five miles of each other. Probably to show off. Anyway, we also went on a cliff-walk and sat at the beach for a while. It was a lot of fun. I found a dead crab and the members 4 year old son and I poked at it for a good ten minutes. fun fun. It is so beautiful down there!
I am, however, upset with New England. Because of the hurricane and all the rain we've been having, we have gotten a very drab fall. Everyone is upset about it. I'M upset about it. I only have so much time here, people! I want to see the best fall New England has to offer! harrumph. Oh well, what do you do. No amazing pictures, sorry. Anyway, I hope this week goes well for all of you!
I love you all!
Sister Dixon
No comments:
Post a Comment