Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sarah's October 11th email

This has been a slow week. On Sunday, Jacob and his wife, Mary got blessings to quit smoking, and it was a amazingly spiritual experience. the next day, Jacob called us and told us it was too hard, and that he had to have a cigarette.

"Do you remember that feeling when you got your blessing?" I yelled at him.

"yes, but--"

"That was GOD telling you that this is true."

"Yes I know, but--"

"Gods Not Going To Give You Anything You Can't Handle!!!"

"But you don't understand--"

"DO YOU BELIEVE IN CHRIST OR NOT?!? YOU ARE BETTER THAN YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!!!!"

...I think I was a little hard on him. Our investigators have been really flaky lately, so I was trying out my Jeffery R Holland mode. no one says no to him.

We are going over to teach him tonight and hopefully he's not angry with us. I don't think he will be. He likes us too much:) And he ended up giving in, so he'll probably be very sheepish.

So I put on Sister Allen's birthday surprise. She really loved it, so yay! It was still a surprise, although she knew something was coming. But whatev.

Nothing else to report.
I Love you all!
Sister Dixon

No comments: