Dear Fam,
I'm in the Big City! Right in the center of Boston. My new address is:
530 Washington st #16
Brighton, MA 01235
And yes, I have said "I want to go to Brighton" at least ten times already.
forewarning:
I may be moving again. Reason being, we have bedbugs. I came into a apartment full of bedbugs.
I've been bitten nigh unto six times upon my head. We had the exterminator come and we have wrapped our mattress in vinyl bed covers, but they somehow survive and chew their way through the bed covers. They are monster bedbugs. Anyway, it might be easier for everyone to send me packages and mail through to Natick so they can forward it to me wherever I end up. Sorry about the hassle.
My new companions are Sister Stevens, my MTC Companion, and Sister Porter, who is a Temple Square sister serving her outbound here. She's going back to Temple square on Wednesday though. You could probably go see her later, she'll be there for at lease three more months before she goes home. She's really sweet.
The city is very different. I'm having culture shock! The trains and buses are so crowded sometimes that you are right up against everyone. they just shove you all in. It's so cool! There are so many people! and people are lots nicer than you would think. I can always find someone who is willing to talk, even if they don't want to talk about religion.
I serve in two singles wards, Longfellow Park first and second wards. They are both singles wards, 25-30 years old. It is so different than family wards! I love the people here.
We are currently teaching a girl named Nickia, who is awesome. She is getting baptized on Christmas Day, so that will be a special day for us all. She is so sweet. She has been through a lot in her life, and now that she has found the church, she has recognized it as a great comfort.
Thank you all for all the support you give me! you are all so great. I love you so much and I miss you!
CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!
Keep going.
Sarah
PS: It's freaking freezing out here!
2 comments:
Oh, I just love you Sarah!!!
Me too! I really look forward to her letters. They are so upbeat and fun to read. She must stay up nights thinking entertaining things to say.
Post a Comment