Monday, December 20, 2010

Sarah's December 20th Email

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas Family!

I hope you all got my Christmas cards. Sorry I wasn't able to get real presents for you all. Missionary budget. heh heh.

IT IS FREEZING HERE!!! I thought all my life, that scarves and hats and winter boots were just fashionable accessories, but here they are essential to survival! The wind will cut right through anything but a down jacket (which a member gave to me) and earmuffs have to be in style. Or else your ears freeze off. There is a new sister here from Kiribati, right on the equator and she brought one sweater and that was all, so we have all been pulling our resources together to get her some winter stuff.

I can't wait to talk to you all on Christmas! I will be calling between the hours of 5 to 8 n the evening, which is 3 to 6 your time. I don't know when we will actually call, but sometime in there. I figure that is when you will all be around. I'm so excited!

Nothing much is going on, except that people get a lot friendlier around Christmas time. At least in Boston. It's a great New England experience.

I love you all. I miss you! Merry Christmas
Talk to you on Christmas!
Sarah

2 comments:

Heather Dixon said...

Yay! I love Sarah's letters.

Julie said...

I love her letters too! I can't wait to talk to her on Christmas. Hurray!