Hi all!
Thank you,thank you,thank you, for the package you sent me! When I opened it, I grinned at the pop tarts, I cried when I saw the chocolate rocks, and when I pulled out the beef jerky, I fell to my knees and thanked the Lord. I think I blacked out after that, because next thing I know, my comp is trying to un-strangulate me from a personalized fairy pillowcase. It made my whole month!
Sister Demary, the member we live with, baked me a cake for my birthday. She even had me blow out candles. the Demarys take good care of me. She even made me a birthday dinner. And when I got home, last night, I saw a sign that said "happy birthday Sister Dixon!"
It is so pretty here! There is so much life. My desk faces the window, and I see chipmunks and birds everywhere. There are fireflies too, although we are usually in by the time they come out. And then, just yesterday, I noticed a tiny spider trying to built a web right next to my shoe. I marveled at how much effort it put into it. I wondered at it's dedication. And then I squashed it.
Don't judge me.
I don't really have much to say. This week has had ups and downs. It's hard to believe I've already been on my mission a month. It has seemed much longer at times and much shorter at others.
Dad, I actually did see some mules the other day! They were corralled like horses. I think it's a sign. I don't know of what quite yet.
I hope everything is going well for you all! I feel bad that this letter is so short. This week, I will write down interesting topics to talk about when I think of them. :D
I love you and miss you! Thank you for your prayers, I can see the Lord answering them. This is the true church!
Sister Dixon
PS. I'm quite frightening in that picture. It was the humidity. I see if I can send you some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment