Monday, August 16, 2010

Sarah's email Week of August 16th

Dear Family,

I always have so much to say to you during the week and then I forget it all when I'm at the computer and the clock is ticking. Hmmmm... Here goes.
Thank you all again for your birthday wishes! I feel very properly 22. NGAH! I'm 22!!! old old old!

The mission is great! we have these girls we are teaching who are so sweet and loving. I think they are awesome! They love learning about the gospel. Loryn is 20 and Nicholle is 19. They were friends with Katheryn Demary, the daughter of the members we live with. We have high hopes for them.

The leaves here are already starting to change. I can already tell it is going to be epic. There are so many trees, we are going to be consumed with autumn. I'll take lots of pictures.
Something interesting about the homes here, almost every single house has two front doors. (or, a front door and a 'you should probably go to this one' door.) You can tell that people hardly ever use their front doors. There are about a hundred spiderwebs clinging to them. Speaking of spiders...THERE ARE ZILLIONS OF SPIDERS HERE!!!!!! They are all over the place! I think the Lord sent me here to help me get over my fear of spiders.

I am learning so much out here! I can feel myself growing all the time. When it feels hard, that's probably the equivalent of growing pains. The Lord has helped me so much in everything! I have a great companion and everyone I meet is so kind and loving to me.

Yesterday, we helped with the baptism of a members eight year old son. It was really nice to see a baptism.

Anyway, it also rains a lot I looked out my window this morning and saw the scene from Bambi where they sing the rain song. You know... "Drip drip drop little April showers..." I've been stuck to it all day. My companion has hated me.

We tract a lot out here. The houses are far away. Usually people tell us to go away because they are 'all set' occasionally, people will tell us stories about how they don't believe in one religion. Several paths up the mountain, or something like that.

If I could ask a favor to all of you...
we are having trouble finding people to teach. I'd like to ask for ideas. I think having your insight on it would really help. And if you could pray that we find people to teach. I would appreciate it so much! Thank you for all you do, all of you! I love you and miss you so much!!!
-Sistah Sarah Dixon

No comments: