Here is Sarah's latest letter. She sends us her new address. Just of note, her birthday is August 8th (Sunday). If you have a minute send her a Happy Birthday.
Love you all,
Mom
Hi all!
So here I am! The flight over was shorter than I though it would be. It was so hot and humid when I arrived, I had trouble getting used to it, however things have cooled down since and I am wearing thermal socks right now. Apparently, you can get all four seasons any time of the year.
I am currently in Ludlow, which is in Western Mass. There are only a few locations where Sisters can go, and I am in the furthest one from Boston. All the other ones are around Boston. First thing I was told when I arrived is that I'll have to learn Spanish. Then my comp told me I probably wouldn't. We'll see. I'd like to learn Spanish though, it would be wicked. (The good kind. That's what they are saying here. Everyone says it. And now me too:)
Everyone here is really nice. AND IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!! Here in Ludlow there are so many trees!!! At night it gets a little creepy, but it is way pretty. Our back yard looks like the sacred grove, no kidding.
Everyone here is really nice. AND IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!! Here in Ludlow there are so many trees!!! At night it gets a little creepy, but it is way pretty. Our back yard looks like the sacred grove, no kidding.
We live in a members basement. The Demary's are really nice people, and their daughter just got married in the Boston Temple yesterday to a Idaho kid. They look so happy. The only thing odd about living with members is that we have to share a kitchen. It can get a little awkward watching Brother Demary eat his cornflakes, but Sister Demary is so loving and fun, I can't help but love her.
All the members here are just so welcoming. They all tell me they will take care of us.
My companion is Sister Jenkins, who everyone tells me is the best trainer. I believe it. she's so kind and patient, I got pretty lucky. I'm learning all sorts of things from her. She is from South Jordan!
We are currently teaching a couple of girls who are way sweet and fun. Their names are Lauryn and Nicholle. They need a little push to baptism, but they are really close. There is also George who is having trouble giving up smoking, and Stephanie and Kate who I haven't met yet.
I am so excited to be here!!! I miss you all. I know this is where the Lord wants me to be! Thank you for your prayers, I can feel the Lord helping me in everything I do.
I love you!
I love you!
Sister Dixon
PS, The address I gave you is the Mission home. The Demary's address is
130 Carver st.
Granby MA, 01033
Any mail sent to the mission home address will be forwarded on to me. Can't wait to get mail!!!
PPS, Mom, you asked me for suggestions, well, I want a pony. We only get so many miles on our car, and having extra transportation would be really great. Thanks.
PPPS, I also want pictures from home. I feel bad I didn't bring any. I want pictures of everyone.
PPPPS, It was really nice to see you at the airport.
PPPPPS, I was just kidding about the pony :D
No comments:
Post a Comment