Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Missy's October 6th email

Hey Howdy Hey!

Well, here I am in Ridgway. Man, if I thought Marion was the middle of no where then I was mistaken. Ridgway is nowhere. For example, I am now in the library. It is a small one room building with a couple computers squeezed in among the handful of bookshelves. It doesn't open up until 2pm (that's why I am emailing a little later then usual). It's pretty funny.

Another sign that I am in real country is that there are no apt complexes and so we live in a cabin. A honest to goodness cabin. All made of wood and really tiny. It is the cutest thing ever! I was freaking out when we drove up to it! I love it! My new companion, Sister Black, was a interior designer (among other things (this lady has done everything!)) and it drives her nuts. It is rather drab inside, but I still love it! Too bad I only get a six weeks here, maybe even less.

A new senior sister is coming in at the end of the month and so I will either spend my last two weeks here in a threesome with two senior sisters, or in another area. We'll see what happens.
My comp is really nice. We have decided that I am older than her. She likes all the modern stuff while I like old radio shows and stuff. It's kind of backwards. She is 62 and it's fun to be with her. She is supposed to keep all the same rules as me while I am her comp, but she slips a lot. It is really weird to have a TV in the cabin. She makes sure that she watches only church movies and only when I am not in the room. But it's a small cabin and I hear it and it is pretty weird for me. Man, what is it going to be like when I go home and it will be OK to watch TV?

Another nice thing about being with a senior sister is that we use her own car and so we have no mile restrictions! It is so nice to not have to walk around and plan our miles! We can go as far out as we want! It's great! Of course being with her we spend a little too much time visiting and not enough time proselyting. She says that she would like to do more door knocking and stuff like that so we have been trying to do some middle ground stuff. It's been fun.

Well, I love y'all and hope y'all have a great week!
Sister Dixon

No comments: