Hey Ya'll!
So, here I am in the big city of Marion. there isn't anything here. It is all very country. Downtown is old and historic and consists of two blocks of stores. It's a pretty happening place. There are no other missionaries around. It is kinda weird. My whole mission I have always had Elders around, usually in the same ward. Now our closest Elders lives a hour away. I am in the middle of nowhere. That's OK though, we have a huge area. We take up Tabor City branch (which is in North Carolina and smaller than Marion) and the Marion Branch. We have to trade off going to branches on Sundays. The members are nice, back country folks. Were ya'll able to find Marion and Tabor City on the map?
There are a lot of good people here too. It is nice to be around more humble people again. We have some way good people that are going to be baptized soon. Lets just say that people here are more willing to listen to the gospel. It is a pretty nice blessing for me.
Whenever we go to Tabor City we stay two days and stay overnight at a members house. Her name is Barbara Duncan and she is my new favorite person. She is the cutest old lady and she makes some very good southern food! that is another thing about this area. Everyone was born and raise here and they all make the true blue southern food. That also means that it is all pretty greasy. I hopefully not have a heart attack while living here.
Anyway, my birthday is coming and I would like some good and funny pictures of everyone. Homemade beef jerky sounds pretty good too. That's all the hints I can think of right now.
I hope ya'll have a wonderful week!
Sister Dixon
No comments:
Post a Comment