Dear Family,
As you are all aware Christmas this year falls on a Sunday. This makes it much more difficult to get together on Christmas morning as some people have to come all the way from the other side of the Salt Lake Valley.
Last night as we were talking about it some thought doing it the night before would work for this year. Others said that we could still do it early and get done before church. Glenn and I are good with either way. What works the best for you?
( I still think it would be cool to all live in the same ward so we could all have the same time schedule on Sunday!)
Also, Tom and Kristy are bringing rolls on Thanksgiving and
Peter and Faunice are bringing Faunice's famous stuffing!
Love you tons,
Mom and Dad
Hey all
This has been a super week! Wednesday was our temple conference and we were able to do a session in the Den Haag Temple. This is my 3rd time in that temple and every time, whether in dutch or in english, I feel the same sweet spirit. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!
We had another lesson with Nicky this week and we got her on baptismal date! We have her set for Dec 3rd, She is really excited and has basically planned it all out already. In our lesson she basically told us her life story (which I can't tell because it's top secret (I'm not even joking about that)) that hand of the Lord is so present in her life it's so amazing to see that and to recognize that. She told us that since she started meeting with the missionaries again she can feel her mother leading her from the other side, leading her to this church. She got so excited when we told her that she would be able to do the work for her mother after she was baptized. She is so great! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!
Last night we had dinner with a really cool family in the ward. They let me ride their hoverboard (it was really scary and really cool (I felt like R2D2)) and they told us about their conversion story. I'll give you the watered down version...
A long long time ago in a galaxy far away... (jk)
They had investigated the church a long time ago and the husband knew it was true and wanted the join but the wife got a little scared and backed out. A year later they were invited to a Halloween party that the Elders were at and they dressed up as the devil and a witch. The husband sees the missionaries there and walks up to them (dressed as the devil) and says "can you baptize me?" That went down in the mission as the time missionaries baptized the devil 
After dinner he drove us home in his Tesla. I now understand why guys go all wobbly-knees over cars. That was the coolest car I had ever been in, let me just say that the seat warmers were NOT the coolest part (if you can even imagine that...) THE CHURCH IS TRUE!
Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic week
remember Jesus loves you, Satan hates you (not the baptized one)
loves
Zuster Dixon
These advertisements are everywhere... sad.
`Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,'
2 comments:
Our vote is for anytime on Christmas Eve.
I think Christmas Eve would work better. Christmas is always hectic with doing our own family, extended Dixon family and extended Pierce family. Adding church in as well might be too much for me. What time is everyone's church? If you are talking about getting Christmas done before 8:45 am then I strongly object. (1 hour for our own traditions + 30 minutes getting ready, 1 hour for drive, two hours for extended Dixon Christmas = 4:15 am with little room for error.)
Post a Comment