Introducing the First Annual Great Dixon Bake Off!When I come visit for Christmas we are going to do our own version of The Great British Bake Off. If you have watched this show then I know you will be excited. If you haven't watched this show then you are dead to me.
It's pretty great. I have all the cookbooks. I'm a little obsessed.
I need to know who would like to participate. Since we don't have a tent full of ovens (it's on my christmas list), teams are welcome. Oma, Heather, Mary, and Robert have graciously offered their kitchens so we have 5 kitchens(Thompsons have an extra oven in their basement). So there are 5 openings for individuals or teams to participate in the bake off (maybe more if you know you can share an oven). If you don't want to participate in baking, then you can be one of our judges!
Here are the details so far:
When: Friday, Dec 23rd (Thursday is also an option if too many people can't do Friday)
Time: TBD, but we will probably start in the late morning.
We will have two challenges. A technical challenge where no one knows before hand what they are baking, and a showstopper challenge. The showstopper challenge can be anything the baker wants to make, but the flavors have to have something to do with Christmas or the winter season (hot chocolate, peppermint, orange, gingerbread, etc). Be creative. You don't have to create your own recipe, but it would be pretty cool if you did.
After the challenges are complete, everyone is invited to sample the tasty goodness and be a judge.
It will be a blast and hopefully something we will want to do again.
Can't wait to see everybody!!!
Missy
1 comment:
I'm so excited for this! I can't wait...I hope I have a good cook on my team!
Post a Comment