General Conference fue lo maximo! We had a few investigators come and enjoy the talks! The conference seemed to speak out right to me! There were so many things I was able to learn and so many more things that I'm going to apply! For example, I'm going to start the "ponderizing" process, starting with not only a verse, but with an entire chapter! I'm going to start ponderizing with D&C 4! What are you all going to study?
Down here in Peru, General Conference is only big in the first session in Sunday. There are people that watch all the sessions though. We watched the conference in the branch, with someone hooking up their laptop to a projector. It was almost in real time, but with the distance and the weather, there was a bit of buffer, especially in the 2nd session in Saturday. The buffer was so bad that my comp and I decided to proselyte and review the talks later. :S
Conference is such an amazing event! I felt the Spirit so strongly, testifying to me that all this was real. I already knew the church was true, but there was no feeling like the kind I felt in that building, telling me that the church and the gospel was 100%, undoubtedly, undeniably true. It's perfect. How people can turn down an amazing gospel plan such as this just confounds me. I'm so happy to know that if we all stay on the right path, we will all be able to live together for eternity with our beloved Heavenly Father. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Halloween is coming up as well! All the shops sell their decorations for the event, but unfortunately, there aren't many people that buy them. Halloween down here isn't quite as big as Halloween up there, but the stake will host a youth party that day, so I guess it exists. :P
My companion, Elder Maldonado, is pretty docile and very obedient, yet has a distinct funny side to him. I love the kid. He, too, wants to make food for us one of these P-Days. (BTW, Mom, do you think you could send me the recipe for baked brocolli?) :)
We were able to commit someone to baptism! We're teaching the mother of a member who was baptized a few years ago and was able to go to the temple with his wife and children a few months ago! Congrats to them!
I love you all! You are all the best! Katie, I love you so much too! Remember that the Lord will bless us so much if we all center our lives on him and his gospel!
Love,
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment