We worked very hard this week, and our work was payed off in itself! We found at least 3 families that want to hear the gospel, that are already progressing, and that understand what we teach very easily! The Lord is truly blessing us! It made me think that whatever we want in life, we've got to achieve it by work. That's how God made it so we can keep progressing!
This week, we're going to be getting a family married! We're going to wed a guy named Luis with his future wife, Helena. Luis, surprisingly, was one of the easier investigators I've had. I thought he would've been difficult, judging by other experiences other missionaries had with him and his addiction to alcohol that he no longer has. He actually learns very fast and, frankly, is pretty funny too. I'm excited for their wedding!
This last Sunday, we had a Stake Conference broadcast, however, because we're in Nauta, the broadcast didn't quite work out, so we were stuck with all the members and investigators sitting in the church waiting for something to see on the projector we had.
So, instead of the Stake Conference which wasn't going to load, we put on the Joseph Smith movie. I wasn't quite sure if that was the best substitute for a Stake Conference or a sacrament meeting for that matter, but by the end of the movie, I noticed that most people were in tears, even some of our investigators. I shared my testimony of Joseph Smith to everyone after the movie and the spirit grew even stronger. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet. All he did was for the salvation of man, and I know that the Lord has called prophets in this era to recieve revelation and preach the gospel to us.
How is everyone doing over there? The cold season is starting to roll around up there about now, isn't it? Down here, the rain has started to pour buckets on us. So much that I kinda slipped face-first into mud (it was hilarious, now that I look back on it). Halloween's coming up! What's everyone dressing up as? I'm going to dress up as a missionary again! :P
I love you all and keep you all in my prayers!
Love,
Elder Dixon
No comments:
Post a Comment