Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Dear Family,

This week was pretty crazy for the Peruvian waterworks and electric company. The first half of the week, we had no water coming from the shower nor water to flush the toilet with, and only just a little pressure coming from the sink. To shower, we had to fill up a small barrel we had and have ourselves a bucket shower! I've gotten used to the cold water here, though, so it wasn't that bad! That lasted for about three days.

Next, the last two days of the week, we had constant power-outages. Everything turned on and off, on and off. One day, we were teaching this family that owns a mini-farm about a mile out from our normal area, and to get to their house, we had to walk through a field usually filled with cows and bulls.

When we had finished teaching them, the power had gone out for the first time. We managed to shuffle our way through the darkness out into the field until I remembered, "Wait a minute! Our phone has a flashlight!". It was pitch black in the field and we couldn't see anything. When I turned on the phone, I found that there was this HUGE bull standing right in front of us, just staring. It scared the daylights out of me! Luckily, we managed to slip past without getting chased down.

We found a family here that had just moved from a different part of Peru (forgot what it was called...heh heh heh...), but they had been recieving lessons from the missionaries there for about a month. We managed to teach them, and they understand pretty well! 

This week, on Wednesday, I reach my 1-year mark! (Happy Birthday, Peter!)  I can't believe that it's already been a year since I've left on my mission! Either it's a missionary thing or an adult thing, but the time has just whizzed past! I'm going to conform with the mission tradition and burn a shirt! I've got a stained one prepared for the event.

Oh, by the way, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MOM AND DAD! 

Love, 
Adam

No comments: