Monday, August 24, 2015

Elder Adam's August 24th Email

Dear Family,

This week was stangely slower than all the other weeks. Not sure why. Perhaps it's something every missionary experiences as they approach their year mark (which, by the way, I'm pretty excited for! I have a white shirt to burn and everything!)

Lately, I've been having the knack of doing more, both in the missionary work and in the fun times. Last week in P-Day, I bought a bottle of Coca-Cola and a packet of Mentos, in hopes that I can trigger a hilarious moment amongst the other missionaries. The results were a little disappointing, as it only fizzed a little, but that made a hilarious moment in and of itself, so ok!

Another thing I've got planned is that I'm going to teach my pensionist how to make Hash Browns! We were talking about foods one day and I brought that up. She got super interested in how to make them. I'm looking forward to showing her and eating Hash Browns again!

Speaking of food, I kinda bought a liter of ice cream. And ate it. There goes a week's worth of exercise (which I'm still doing...almost every day (I can improve)). But the ice cream was pretty good. And the best part? It was 6 soles, which is like, $1.50. That's some pretty dirt-cheap ice cream!

I've been thinking a lot about faith and how miracles can come about because of it. Not only do we need faith to have miracles happen to us, but we also need faith to make miracles happen to others. I read recently that when the disciples of Jesus couldn't cast a demon out of a person and he could, and they asked him why they couldn't do it, he replied that it was because of their lack of faith.

As members of the church, I'm convinced that we can all cultivate our faith and make it grow. We can all rely on the Lord a little bit more for whatever we pray for, me included. I'm going to start working out my faith so that I may be able to see more miracles in my work, especially here in Campo Verde where things are pretty tough. 

How are things up in them states? Has school started yet? What's everyone studying? How's Emily, Heather, and Missy up in New York? How's Katie doing, and how did her fundraiser go?

I love you all and pray for you every day,
Love,
Adam

No comments: