Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Adam's September 21st email

Dear Family,

This week was a bit adventurous for us! Our main area is in a segment of Pucallpa called Kilometer 34, and that's where we work each and every day. But THIS week, we ventured out into Kilometer 35! 

I don't know why we haven't gone there sooner, because we found a few people who, I believe, have been looking for the gospel in their lives. We found man, whose name is Roly, who used to attend church last year with his family. He went for about a month, but the missionaries teaching him suddenly disappeared (Back when they closed Campo Verde). We found him again and showed him the video of "Because He Lives", and he had a pretty strong testimony of Jesus Christ already! I feel the Lord had prepared this family for us!

Another person we found was a reference named Jessica. She was a reference from a stake member. She's very interested in the church, but something that impressed me about her is her view of marriage. She's very interested in temples, so we explained a bit about temples to her, and the topic of temple marriage came up. We asked her if she was married, and her reply was impressive:

She says she is married, and that is should be against the law to live together without matrimony (which, down here in the jungle, is a bold statement. Good for her!) She also bashed on divorce too, saying that divorce stems from just a little problem that gets bigger and bigger, and related it to a house problem. If there's a problem with your house, such as a broken window, you shouldn't burn the entire house down. You gotta fix it. Just like how there could be problems in marriage. Marriage isn't for burning the house down, but for fixing the little problems together.

I, honestly, was inspired. I've never met another investigator down here in my entire mission with that view of marriage. She's still strong in her marriage with her husband, which has lasted for about 10 years now. I'm going to use her example whenever I'm faced with a marriage/divorce situation with other investigators.

She, and her daughter, came to church on Sunday too! We're starting to see some success rising back up in Campo Verde!

How's everyone doing over there? Is the start of school doing well for everybody? What's everyone studying? Dad's in Oman, too? Oh man! Good luck, Dad! I'm praying for you!

Oh, by the way, here's the link to the "Because He Lives" video I mentioned. I don't know if you've all seen it yet, but here it is anyways!





Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments: