I kinda got transfers this past week! I'm living in the same house in the same zone, but I'm serving in a branch called Campo Verde, which is about the distance from West Point to Salt Lake City (which, down here, is a huuuuge distance). Campo Verde is an area that's been closed for a while, and my companion and I are reopening it, so we've got no house, no pension, and no laundry services yet. We're still living in Yarina and we gotta travel to and from Campo Verde every day, which is hurting us financially. But things will work out. Heavenly Father always prepares a way for these kinds of things. It's like the story of Nephi.
A little about Campo Verde: It's a branch, so there are only a few members that go there. We had about 40 members this past Sunday. The other missionaries who worked here last left us a bunch of families who really want to get baptized. Score! Now we gotta make sure they want to get baptized for the right reason.
Another awesome thing: We get bikes! Campo Verde is the only area in the whole mission of Iquitos, Peru that gets bikes for its missionaries. We don't have them yet, but I'm looking forward to it! I will lose so much weight, biking kilometers and kilometers every day!!!
Remember how I said that Yarina was like the jungle and Mount Pleasant mixed together? Campo Verde is like the jungle and Ogden mixed together, especially the avenues where the Wolford family used to live. We've got a lot of hills.
I wish I could say more, but that's really all that I've got this week. BTW, I got your card, Mom and Dad, and your package, Heather! Thank you so much! Happy Birthday to Lilli and Katie and America! To celebrate 4th of July, Elder Haymond and I sang Star-Spangled Banner "con mucho gusto". :P Aaand, that's it. 4th of July is not quite as popular down here in Peru.
I love you guys! Keep being 110%!
Love,
Elder Dixon
2 comments:
Almond Joy Ice Cream
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/10/almond-joy-toasted-coconut-with-dark-chocolat.html
Almond Joy Ice Cream
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/10/almond-joy-toasted-coconut-with-dark-chocolat.html
Post a Comment