Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Elder Adam's July 20th email

 Dear Family,
Things on the Dixon Spot have changes just a bit. If you would like to have it delivered to your email automatically go to the blog and on the right hand side is a place you can put your email address so it come right to your email. Thank you to all of you who help us keep in touch. Dad and I feel we are so blessed to have the most wonderful family EVAH!!!!

Dear Family,

This week's been a bit tough, but we're starting to finally get the hang of things in the re birthed area! We're meeting members and they're introducing us to their family and friends that aren't members, so we've got a bunch of new people who have connections to the active members of the branch, and that makes things a ton easier for us.

Speaking of the members, we gave service to a blind member on Wednesday, and it was the most fun I've had in a while. He wants to add a kitchen room to his little house, so we got to do a bit of construction work. I'll admit, even though it was super hot, I had no water, and I had no idea how to build a room, it was a lot of fun! I learned a lot and it was pretty satisfying to see nothing turn into something that will help someone out a ton! We haven't quite finished yet, so we're going back next Wednesday to continue.

We also gave a bit more service to some investigators we teach. Their job is that they go around selling snacks and juice to people who are stuck in traffic, and one of the snacks they sell are little bags of peanuts, either fried or candied. As we taught them, we got to help them peel peanuts that have been soaked in water for a while. Sometimes, they squirt in your eyes, just like a lemon! Afterwards, they gave us some free peanuts, so it was a win-win-win for everyone! 

We haven't gotten our bikes yet. The mission is having a bit of problems trying to get them fixed, but we will get them. And I will take pictures. :P

It's the middle of summer up there and things are probable just as hot, if not hotter as they are down here. How high are the temperatures up there? 

I love you and pray for you all!

Love,

Elder Dixon

No comments: