Monday, February 23, 2015

Elder Adam's February 23rd Email

Dear Family!

This week has been much more interesting than the last one, thank goodness! We've had a bit more success with the investigators and we're on our way to getting some dates set for a baptism (and maybe a marriage)! When I saw one of my favorite investigators come to church on Sunday (we've been working with him for a few weeks now), I found myself in some pretty good spirits for the rest of the day!

On Tuesday, we got to watch "Meet the Mormons"! Have you guys seen it yet? If not, don't read this next part, because I'm putting up spoilers! I loved the story about the Candy Bomber! I always wondered how that tradition was started. I also really loved the story about the Bishop too! What was everyone's favorite part of the movie over there? 

This week, we had one of the Zone Leaders switch places with one of the other elders in the other companionship. His name is Elder Valle, and he's so cool! He reminds me a lot of Jim in the sense that I want to be him. We stayed up nearly until 11:45 just talking about what it was like for him to be a Zone Leader. I'm so lucky to have some awesome zone leaders! Back in Punchana, the Zone Leaders didn't do much, almost as if they didn't want to be ZLs. These guys are way better at what they do.

Another interesting thing Elder Valle said was that he was expecting some huge changes to come to the Iquitos Mission in the upcoming year. He didn't specify, but it sounded like he expected the mission to separate into two because of how fast it was growing! I dunno! I guess we'll see in a year!

This week, during a lesson, we were teaching about Joseph Smith, when all of a sudden, outside the house, we heard a loud crunching noise. We probably shouldn't have done this, but we all left the house in the middle of the lesson to see what happened. It had rained a lot earlier this week, so the streets were all muddy and wet, and we found that a semi truck had slipped and driven into a ditch! Another semi came along about 15 minutes later and tried to pull it out, only to get it more stuck than it already was. Yikes! We haven't been back to that area yet, but when we do, I'm expecting the truck to still be there. 

That's pretty much all this week. Later on today, we have more transfers. I doubt I'll be transferred, but who knows? Anything can happen. How is everyone doing over there? I'm glad Katie found some people to do the transplant and that she found a new chemo! I was really stressing about that all week. She's awesome!

Anyways, that's all I got for this week! I love you all!

-Elder Dixon

No comments: