Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Elder Adam's February 16th email

Hey Family! What's up?

I hope everyone there had a good Valentine's Day! What did everyone do over there for that day? Valentine's Day down here is celebrated just as much as it is up in the states. We had a lot of music blasting out of huge speakers (they love doing that down here for holidays) and lots of people went out to eat. Y'know. Same ol', same ol'. Lots of members weren't home that day because there was a stake-wide date night for everyone 16 and up, so it was a tough day for lessons with members.

Other than that, this week was boring. Super boring. I'm having a hard time thinking of things to tell you guys about as I'm writing this. Earlier this week, the other companionship in our apartment was proselyting in the morning and saw a group of dogs attacking a single other dog. They scared off the other dogs and the dog that got attacked (whose name was Rocky) began to follow them!

Down here, when dogs start to follow us, it's usually for a minute or two until they see another person they can follow. This dog really liked these missionaries, though, and followed them all the way to their next lesson! Their lesson ran a bit longer to over an hour, and they found Rocky waiting for them outside the fence! Rocky followed them to lunch. And followed them back to our apartment. And followed them back out for proselyting. And followed them to dinner. And followed them back home, and decided to take a nap outside.

Rocky wasn't there in the morning, though. Oh well. Our little canine buddy probably had enough. But how often can you say you've proselyted with a dog? Oh, those lucky guys! I wish I would've gotten a picture with Rocky. 

As for spiritual experiences, earlier this week, I was just having a tough time with pretty much everything, so I decided to do a fast. That fast helped me out so much, and gave me a reassuring confirmation that everything's okay. It's amazing what fasting can do!

How is everyone doing over there? Sorry to hear about Missy trapped in Boston. That must be tough! There's 'snow' way it's getting any warmer soon over there. Best thing to do is just to have a 'ice' time. :P 

How is Katie feeling? I fasted for her too this week. Have the doctors found a match from any of the siblings? I continually pray for her and all of you!

Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments: