Hey Y'all!
So, y'all have heard about the hurricane that was heading to South Carolina? There was a lot of huppla in the mission about it, and it didn't even happen. The day the hurricane hit was the sunniest day ever. I figured I wouldn't really get to see much of it. My companion and I are the farthest away from the coast then any other missionaries. So, when we would get all kinds of calls to keep blankets in the car and to make sure we have a three day supply of food and to buy work gloves and other such things we would always laugh. Apparently they evacuated all the missionaries around Charleston. It's better safe then sorry.
This past week was pretty good. Sorry about jumping the gun on the email thing. Since it was Labor day we just went to the campus library which was open. So, since the students are back there are definitely more people to talk to and to teach. However, I have discovered that this area has a lot more anti-Mormon feelings then any other area I have been in. I can't believe how many discussions I have gotten into this past week. And the sad thing is that when you talk to college students and tell them that what the read on the internet was incorrect, they don't believe us, they would rather believe what some random person blogs about Mormons then what Mormons themselves say. At first it was kinda humorous, now it is just frustrating. Oh well, there are still a lot of people who actually want to listen to us.
Well, I hope y'all have a wonderful week!
Sister Dixon
2 comments:
I love Missy's letters!
Me too!! Only 66 more days!
Post a Comment