Monday, May 19, 2008

Me (Missy) , Santana, and her nephew. She got baptized in the Tabor City branch. Cute little boy! She loves the missionaries.

Hey! I know that name from somewhere!


Hey howdy hey!
Well, this past week was pretty good. I had a happy birthday thanks to the wonderful things you sent me! My companion was sick for a couple days and so I actually spent my birthday inside the whole day. It was kinda boring, but I made the cake you sent and blew out the candles and everything. It was pretty fun. I will have to send you a picture to show y'all that bonfire on top of that cake!

Sunday was the Tabor city branch Branch Conference. The Tabor City branch has pretty good attendance anyways but there were especially a lot of people there. I think it was because they served food afterwards. They had a lot a yummy food. Southern cooking is tasty! They tried to give all the leftovers to the missionaries, but that would've been enough food to feed the branch all over again. So we slipped away before they could get it all together.

We have found some good people to teach this past week and we have kept pretty busy (other then the days that my companion was sick). On Saturday Marion had their annual Foxtrot Festival. We decided to walk through it to find people to talk to, it was pretty interesting. The way everyone explained it it sounded like it was just going to be a bunch of booths with people selling food and stuff, but it was pretty crazy. There were amusement park rides and it almost looked like a mini lagoon crammed into a tiny main street (they did it right on the Main Street). We didn't stay very long because it was chaos. The whole rest of the day we couldn't find anyone home because they were all at the Foxtrot Festival. People came all the way from Myrtle Beach to go. It was pretty crazy.

Anyway, this week the members say it is going to be hot, but thats ok. I have my sweat rag all ready to go!
I love y'all!
Sister Dixon

2 comments:

Julie said...

Doesn't Missy look great! Getting this pictures is almost (but not quite) as good as seeing her in real life. ......well, maybe not almost, but it is great to get a picture of her. She looks wonderful!

Heather Dixon said...

Yay Missy! Go fight win!