I can't believe that it has been another week! This week has felt so jam packed.
Last P-day I went and got myself a little halloween costume... but I don't have any pictures in it yet, so that will just have to wait until next week... But. It. Is. Awesome! I will be going Lazer Taging in it today and I am super excited.
Our crazy investigator lady kinda dropped us, she won't answer any of our calls, we will be "dropping by" this week to corner her and find out what happened. All I can think of is that youtube song, 'hide yo kids, hide yo wives, cause WE GONNA FIND YOU!'
Although on a brighter note we have a new investigator... not really new because she was taught by the missionaries before but then got really sick for a while and stopped. BUT WE FOUND HER AGAIN! and she is still super interested, she came to church yesterday and loved it. She keeps talking really bad about her last religion and I don't feel very comfortable trash talking other religions, so we always try to change the subject with how cool our religion is. I'm really frustrated though because the sisters before us when through and "cleaned out" the area book and got rid of the teaching record that they thought were too old or no hope and now we don't have her old teaching record. I am so annoyed, I could breath fire. If ANY of you ever go on a mission, take this small piece of advice to preserve your lives from missionaries who take over your city... DON'T EVER THROW AWAY TEACHING RECORDS!!!
rant over
Also, another useful tip. Do not talk about politics at a dinner party. We helped a less active decorate for her halloween party and then joined that party. We weren't part of what happened but we were witnesses. Basically one guy tried to start a political conversation with another lady and they didn't agree on something and they fought, they offended, and they left... mind you, this was five minutes into the party. It was the most awkward thing that has happened to me on my mission... I loved it because I was not directly part of the awkwardness.
Yesterday we had dinner with a member and his wife made us Fufu. It is a traditional African dish and you eat it with your hands. It was delicious and I will be making it for the family when I get home 
That white stuff is like potato play-dough and you grab a ball and dip it in the soupy stuff... so good!
Until next week
loves
Zuster Dixon
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment