Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Elder Adam's May10th Email

to me, Glenn


​Hey Family!

It was so great and awesome to talk to you all and see all of your happy, bright, sun-shiny faces! It certainly made my week 100x better! I was kinda down because Ludwig wasn't able to get baptized because there was some confusion with the Baptism Permit and his mother wouldn't sign it for nothing because she's a die-hard Catholic. :( But seeing your faces made me happy again!

There's nothing much to report this week, since I told you most of it through the video, but I can satisfy your curiosities as to what the people here do for Mother's Day. Here, it's pretty much the same. Kids make breakfast. Sing. That kinda stuff. The mothers in church also recieved flowers from their children.

What was a bit different, though, was that the entire city of Yarinacocha, Pucallpa did something similar. The children of the city gave their mothers fans. Like the kind you plug into the wall. I thought it was sweet, thoughtful, and rather expensive. But they were willing, so ok. :)

I've got nothing more to report, so I'll finish with some pictures!! One of the baptism with Max and the other taken with a sparkle on my best-defining feature! :P

I love you all!

Elder Dixon



1 comment:

Heather Dixon said...

It was so great to talk to him on Sunday! What a guy ^_^