Dad and I just want you to know how very grateful we are for such wonderful children (this includes in-laws, and grandchildren), You all worked so very hard in the rain and cold and you didn't complain! You are all just amazing and we love you and are so proud of all of you.
Thank you. Words can never say the way we feel. You are wonderful! We feel Heaven has noticed all that you have sacrificed and the love and service you have given.
We love you so much,
Mom and Dad
Dear Family!
I'm so happy to hear that Katie's fundraiser went well! I had that in my mind all throughout Saturday, thinking "I wonder how the fundraiser is doing?" It's such a blessing to see that kind of miracle happen for you guys!
I saw a little miracle down here too. A little one, but it was still pretty cool. I was reading from the "Our Heritage" book that Mom sent me, reading about the miracles that can happen as long as the people had faith first. A day later, we ran out of money, apart from a single S/.100 bill we had and that we had to find change badly.
Now, the money and inflation thing down here in Peru is super weird. Everything that's not made in America is cheap-as-dirt, however, Peru likes to make more paper money than coins. That's bad. They had that problem nearly 40 years ago and had to change currency, and now they're doing it again. As a result, people have more paper money than coins, and if you're stuck with nothing but a 100 bill, then you're outta luck.
So when we had nothing but a 100 bill, my comp figured we were in the pickle of the century. When you've got a valuable bill down here in Peru, you're NEVER going to find change. The only place you can go to is a bank, which was nearly 30 minutes by vehicle out from where we were.
However, the stories from the book inspired me to tell my comp that God can make anything happen as long as we had faith in him. I felt confident that things would turn out. He agreed and we asked the first taxi vehicle if they had change for a 100 bill. They said they'd go check at the gas station.
When we stopped at the gas station, they did have change. In fact, what they had was nothing but coins. That never happens. Now we've got enough change to last us a few weeks now. It was cool to see something like that happen out of faith.
It got me thinking about Katie's situation, how her white blood cells are returning and how many people are supporting her in her fight. I believe that the faith of all of us can get her healed. It's really amazing, what faith can do.
We had another decent week this week (I got to hold a bunny :-D). Transfers are this week, and everyone's pretty convinced that I'm either getting transferred to a new area or that I'm going to train a new missionary. Or both. I guess we'll see how things turn out!
I love you all!
Elder Dixon
No comments:
Post a Comment