This week's been pretty great! We have more investigators coming to Church and all of them are quite excited about the Church. In fact, we were able to set apart a baptism date for one of them, for the 9th of May! His name is Ludwig, and he's Steven's age. He works as a vehicle repair guy, so explaining repentance is pretty easy when I use the right analogies, such as dirty, gritty, and oily hands get clean when they're washed. He's super excited about it all, and we're also trying to get his sister, Evaline, to commit to baptism too, but she's a bit harder to encounter.
The success of this week definitely came in Saturday and Sunday, when we had a special fast because of many baptisms falling through. In Saturday, we had missionary exchanges and I got to have Elder Manrique tag along with me. I was extremely surprised how good this guy was at teaching the people, despite only having 4 months in the mission. I learned a great amount of stuff that I applied into my lessons on Sunday, in which the Spirit was stronger. It really goes to show the blessings that comes from fasting, right?
We had an entire family come to Church this week, which is fantastic because missionary work revolves around teaching families! Earlier this week, when we invited them to Church, the wife of the family asked, "Does your Church offer hair cutting services?"
My companion and I looked at each other, then back to her. "No...sorry."
I still have yet to know why she asked that, but that night, I had a crazy dream. The president of the mission changed P-Days into Haircut Days! The missionaries don't get their hairs cut. They give the haircuts! All I could remember from the dream was cutting off a big lop of hair with a giant pair of scissors and saying, "Okay! You're done!" And everyone loved it! I think it might've been a sign that it's time for a haircut.
That was just one of the strange dreams I had this week. First I was a barber. Next dream, I was a professional MMA fighter (that was pretty cool). Earlier this month, I had a dream where I became a wizard by buying "Captain Rolgy's Beginners Pamphlet for Casting Spells" for just $20 at Seagull Book (one of the best, most detailed dreams of my life. There was more to it too).
How is everyone down there doing? I hope Katie's doing well, along with her fundraiser! It sounds like some really cool things are going on up there with that fundraiser! How did Helen's interview go? I hope Dad's doing well in Saudi Arabia.
I love you all! I just want to tell you that the power of fasting is real, and it will bless your lives!
-Elder Dixon
2 comments:
Weird dreams... Do you think he has malaria?
Maybe it's the Peruvian food. Yum!
Post a Comment