Dear Family,
We got a baptism this week! Kenyo Gonzales was baptized last Saturday by yours truly! I'll include a picture of it! He's so cool! Super, super quiet, but I've never seen him smile so much. I think he's pretty happy with the decision he made to be baptized. I don't blame him! A cool guy like him knows what's right.
We were supposed to have two baptisms this week, though. Pedro, unfortunately, backed down on us the last minute. :( His family is against the church and was giving him a hard time about his decision. He didn't want to hurt his relationship with his family, so he canceled his baptism. Elder Nina and I are currently thinking of ways we could help him out, and we're pretty convinced that if he had member friends, things would go differently. I've come to notice just how important members are to the work of the Lord.
On the other hand, we found tons of families this week that are pretty interested in what we have to offer. That's pretty great! We're also teaching some investigators who have family members who are a part of the church, both of which want to get baptized! We're teaching a 20-year old girl named Stephanie and a 10-year old kid named Max, and both of them want to get baptized.
We had another set of transfers last week, and nothing much happened again. Elder Haymond got a new companion (he and his old companion were getting along by the time that happened) named Elder Manrique. The guy's super good at teaching, and he and I share the same trainer, Elder Uribe.
That's pretty much what's been going on this week. We got a stake conference coming up, so we gotta confuse investigators again with what chuch they need to go to and when. :P
How is everyone doing over there? I continue praying for Katie. Is Dad doing well in Saudi Arabia? How about everyone else?
I love you all and I pray for you every night!
Elder Dixon
No comments:
Post a Comment