Monday, November 10, 2014

Thanksgiving at the Dixon's

 

We are so excited to announce that 

it's our turn to have everyone over for 

THANKSGIVING DINNER

And for that we are truly thankful!

Time.......11:00 am

Place......Mom and Dad's

Date.......November 27th

 

Some people have already asked for assignments...

Mom will make Turkey and Ham

and a jello salad.

Anna and Mary Kate....Decorations.

Katie......Rolls and 2 pies.

Mary.....3 or 4 pies and her famous yam/apple casserole.

Heather.......Drink.

Lilli......Mashed potatoes, and pie.

if anyone else wants to bring something just post it in the comment section of the blog.

 

We have also been talking about doing an activity this year, either before or after the dinner.

There will be the Turkey Trot fundraiser for Sister Brenda Zaugg. It is a walk/run.

A movie has been suggested, either at the theater, or in house.....that way we can watch more than one......(clever, right?)

We want your ideas!

 

Can Dad and I tell you how excited we are that you are coming. You children and your families are our biggest joy! 

We love you so very much!

      

11 comments:

Katie said...

I was thinking of doing more than 2 pies. I hope that's okay.

Heather Dixon said...

@Katie - if it's not ok you can give the extras to me!

Peter said...

We'll bring Faunice's Stuffing.

dixon.mary said...

Faunice's stuffing is the best!

Anyone doing pies: post what you're doing so we don't end up with, like, 20 mincemeat.

dixon.mary said...

I'll do 2 choco pudding, 2 apple, 2 pumpkin.

Kristy said...

We can bring a veggie tray or whatever else is needed.

Julie said...

The veggie tray will be perfect Kristy, Thank you.

And Faunice, we had several people request your famous stuffing! Thanks.

red said...

We'll bring green beans and cranberry sauce (does this family eat cranberry sauce?)

Katie said...

Robert does. Right out of the can. He calls it nature's jello.

red said...

Would two cheesecakes be too much? I have a pumpkin I need to kill.

Julie said...

Erin, absolutely not it sounds wonderful!