Monday, November 3, 2014

Elder Adam Post Halloween Email

Hey everyone! Sorry again for no pictures. I remembered my camera cable, but the computers in this specific internet cafe don't like being fast. I'll keep trying, but a picture this week is unlikely. Sorry.
Not much has happened this week. It has rained a bunch, though, flooding up some of the streets. The rain really brings the heat down a bunch, plus, it makes our investigators stay inside, so I'm glad that it exists. Our investigators have been pretty great too. A lot of them are less-active, but we have our fair share of those who've never heard of the church before.
There was this one man who stopped us on the street and invited us into his house because he had a ton of questions about the Bible. The man was definitely a talker. I could only pick up a few things he said, but I could tell he was confused about the Bible and why God allowed people to sin. I almost thought, for a few moments, that he was going to jump up and beat us up, because his tone and questions were a little scary. Luckily, me and my companion kept our heads on and were calm in answering his questions.
So they celebrate Halloween down here too, but instead of going door-to-door missionary-style, everyone lights up their Christmas trees, pops open a bottle of soda, and sit around, watching the TV. It's definitely a family holiday, so lucky for us, we got a lot of lessons in that day.
Speaking of Halloween, those were awesome costumes!! My favorites were Mom's (I seriously laughed aloud when I saw that!), Tom's, and Heather's! Everyone looked amazing!
Anyways, sorry this email was a little short. I want to thank everyone for your prayers! I'm glad Katie's doing really well, and the same to Dad and Emily! I love all of you a lot! I hope you'll have a good week! You'll be in my prayers!
Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments: