Monday, October 4, 2010

Sarah's email October 4th

Dear Fam,

So...I got in a car accident.
yeah
I recognize in hindsight that this is perhaps not the best way to start a letter home.
We are both okay, besides whiplash. It wasn't our fault. The Lady's brakes gave out and it was raining so she slid right into us. We both got out of the car and the first things she says is "Oh thank goodness you believe in Jesus!!!". And then we give each other a big hug. Her car showed little to no damage. Our caboose was totaled. So now we are driving a mission car with unlimited miles! Good things come from bad. Lord loves me!
Conference was so great! We had two investigators come. They were both teenagers, so they were pretty bored, but I thought it was riveting.
Phil and I are doing really well! Well, the crash slowed down our week, but regardless, The Lord is blessing us.
Friday, day after crash, we went to a appointment with a member. We knocked on the door and nothing happened. Phil and I groaned because we though we had been stood up...again. Even though we had seen her at the door as we pulled up. The member wanted to get out of there because it was a bad part of town, but I saw a man looking at us from across the street. Phil thought he was a creeper. Then he started coming over. He was covered in tattoos and had tons of earrings, but gave us a smile as he approached us. He asked if the lady we had come to visit was home and we said that she wasn't answering the door. He explained he had just moved in and the lady we were about to visit was the only person he knew.

So we talked to him about the gospel. Naturally. Ten minutes later he had a baptismal date.
The Lord must love us! It's amazing to see all it took to bring Wilson into our path. God really is amazing.
I LOVE OXFORD!!!
The trees are getting prettier and prettier. I'd take pictures, but it couldn't do it justice. You will all just have to come to New England in the fall sometime. It. Is. Beautiful.
I love you all! I feel bad that I almost never have time to write personal letters anymore! I hope that won't discourage any of you from writing me personal letters.

Emmy, it sounds like they guy you are taking out is great. Let me know when he gives you his class pin, I'll sing the 'goin' steady' song from Bye Bye Birdie.

Happy Birthday Grandma! How old are you now? 39?

Happy Anniversary Tom and Kristy!!! You and your family are awesome!
I miss you all! I hope things go well. Thank you for your prayers, they help so so much!

Love,
Sistah Sarah

2 comments:

Heather Dixon said...

YAAAAY! *kermit arm flail* I love Sarah's letters!

Julie said...

Just a clarification about Phil. Heather tells me that is her companion Sister Phillips. I'm glad that Phil is a girl! It's good to know that some mission rules stay the same!