Goede Dag friends and family!
well, here I am in The Netherlands! I
thought that it would never happen. AND I am in Groningen, of all
places! It is absolutely beautiful here. Every time I talk to someone I
have a Best Two Years moment where I think that's not the language they taught me in the MTC, but I have been learning to listen, harder than I have ever listened in my life!
My
new companion is Sister Harris, she has only been here 6 weeks. So she
is training me and we are white washing *which means that we are both
new to this city and have absolutly no idea what we are doing*
But we have been so blessed so far, other than arriving 45 minutes late
to our first appointment we have been somewhat on time. But we get
better every day, I am starting to recognize the city more and more.
The
other day we had dinner at a members house, her name was Karin and she
is like our language coach, we come to her with questions every week and
she will help us out. While we were there she was telling us about how
we will have to bear our testimonies in church on sunday
and the only tip she had for us was not to say that you are
enthusiastic to be here, I guess that was one of her pet peeves. But me
in my poor broken dutch didn't understand what she was saying. So Sunday
comes and I get up there and the first thing I say was that I was
enthusiastic to be there.... my companion did the full facepalm. Oh
well, at least Karin wasn't at church that week.
There is a lot more to say but I´m running out of time
so I´ll just say totziens and I´ll see you all next week in the daily adventures of Zuster Dixon!
this is me and Silvester (my bike) in Groningen.
Sister Harris and I with our Orange Kingsday hats.
Loves
Sister Dixon
From Adam
Dear Family,
To start off, I just want to calm things
down by saying that the sickness I've had has died down a good bit.
Parts of it still remain (and I'm still chained to the house every day,
darn it), but the fevers only get up to 101 if it's really bad now.
To
give an update, I was sent back to Iquitos because the doctors here are
more trusted and they know a lot more stuff and take their job
seriously. We've done another series of tests, but the doctors still
aren't 100% sure as to what I've got, so we're doing a round 3 of tests.
BUT,
the infection-expert has a hunch. He thinks I might have a parasite
called "Toxoplasma" (which is a pretty awesome name, if you ask me),
which is known by the less-awesome name of "Cat Parasite". It is, of
course, passed by cats. About a month ago, in a service project, a
kitten attacked my hand (right when I thought cats were OK after all).
If it does turn out to be Toxoplasma, we would've known why.
But
nothing is certain yet. The doctor himself says that he's only 33% sure
about this. I'm sure that this time around, we'll be able to pinpoint
what I've got and I'll be able to hop back into the fray!
Sorry
for the short email this week, but being stuck inside the offices all
day kind of leaves me without cool experiences. Glad to hear that
everyone over there is doing alright!
Don't worry about me! I feel a lot better than I did last week!
Love you all!
1 comment:
Toxoplasma! Awesome! That's the one that turns Crazy Cat Ladies into Crazy Cat Ladies.
Post a Comment