Dear Family,
This past week, I had transfers! I left Nauta and went back to Pucallpa! After having 9 months there, I'm most likely going to finish up the mission here, making more than half my mission spent in Pucallpa!
The area I'm in is really small, but the ward members here are true blue! They're pretty awesome here! I could get used to this place. The only problem is, I'm not sure if I will get used to it.
In Wednesday, my body just crumbled to pieces. I got myself a jungle fever, and so I've been stuck in the house for about 4 days. The fever can get up to temperatures such as 104 degrees. I've gone to the doctor multiple times to find out what's up, and they thought that I had that common jungle fever called Dengue.
However, one who has dengue will also have blood tests that come out with poor results. All my blood tests have come out amazingly, so the doctors have no idea what's going on. I've currently got a throat test in the process, but if that doesn't bring up results, I'll probably be transferred to Iquitos. If that doesn't work, they'll probably send me to Lima, and if that doesn't work, they'll probably send me home. I don't want that to happen, so can you guys be praying for me?
But don't worry about a thing. All will turn out fine!
Love,
Adam
1 comment:
Oh, Adam!
Heather could do a blog post on this letter and use it as an example of how not to try comforting your family.
Post a Comment