Lilli has sent us the address she is staying at while in the MTC,
APR26 BEL-NETH
2005 N 900 E Unit 43
Provo UT 84602
Hey Family
Happy Birthday Dad! I hope it is filled with pie and presents.
The
first week at the MTC here has been crazy busy. When you pushed me out
the car door they pushed me into language classes, they don't waste any
time here. I am already better at Dutch and I was at Italian after a
year of studying, It is amazing how real the gift of tongues is.\
On
our first full day we got to meet the ambassador from Belgium. This is
something that almost never happens, the day before they gave us
training on what to say and what not to do and how to act. then when he
came there were a million people in our too small classroom.
There
are 9 sisters and 2 elders in our district. My companion is sister
Thomas and we get along really well. Sister Thomas knows almost everyone
who is in the MTC, we will be walking to class and I'll hear her squeal
and she will run to meet someone she met once for two minutes five
months ago. Or her friends cousins dentists bishops therapist went to
school together. She has a great personality and it is no wonder that
she is so popular.
I cannot believe we have
only been here 5 days, it feels like 5 weeks. I am so spiritually
full. We went to the temple this morning and it was one of the best
times i've ever gone.
Also if any of you want
to use DearElder to write me than I will get the letters that evening, a
lot of the girls here get them... I'm not sure if they cost money,
don't send them if they do.
I love you all! and I am having a great time, it is really hard but i think it will be worth it
till next week
Sister Dixon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Family,
This is the first time in a while that I've added a new email address
to my list! Welcome to the mission, Lilli! How have your few days been
so far? How was the first day (it was the longest day of your life,
wasn't it?) :P
Just like some changes happened in the family, there have been some
changes down here. The previous district leader, Elder Portocarrero,
was made a zone leader in Pucallpa, so now I'm the new district leader
in Nauta! I've had lots of other companions that were district leaders
when I was with them, so I kind of understood the gist of what to do
and how to do it, so that part was easy.
The hard part is that, here in Nauta, the district leader is
practically a mini-zone leader. Since Nauta is far away from Iquitos
and there aren't enough resources here to make an actual zone, the
district leader is given financial responsabilities too. I've got a
box filled with money for when a missionary needs a reimbursement or
when we have to go to Iquitos. There are lots of forms to fill out,
all of which confuse me a bit. But I'll get this down!
This past Sunday, three teenagers came to church because of an
invitation by their friend who lives next door to them. We went and
taught them that same evening and I realized something about myself
that I didn't know before. Out of all the kinds of people to teach, my
favorites are the youth. I'm not sure why, but they seem to listen
better, understand better, and sometimes even think better than the
adults. The three youth we taught are pretty golden!
How is everyone doing up there? Is the house even more quiet without
Lilli around? How's Katie doing at Huntsman?
Love,
Adam
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!
This is the first time in a while that I've added a new email address
to my list! Welcome to the mission, Lilli! How have your few days been
so far? How was the first day (it was the longest day of your life,
wasn't it?) :P
Just like some changes happened in the family, there have been some
changes down here. The previous district leader, Elder Portocarrero,
was made a zone leader in Pucallpa, so now I'm the new district leader
in Nauta! I've had lots of other companions that were district leaders
when I was with them, so I kind of understood the gist of what to do
and how to do it, so that part was easy.
The hard part is that, here in Nauta, the district leader is
practically a mini-zone leader. Since Nauta is far away from Iquitos
and there aren't enough resources here to make an actual zone, the
district leader is given financial responsabilities too. I've got a
box filled with money for when a missionary needs a reimbursement or
when we have to go to Iquitos. There are lots of forms to fill out,
all of which confuse me a bit. But I'll get this down!
This past Sunday, three teenagers came to church because of an
invitation by their friend who lives next door to them. We went and
taught them that same evening and I realized something about myself
that I didn't know before. Out of all the kinds of people to teach, my
favorites are the youth. I'm not sure why, but they seem to listen
better, understand better, and sometimes even think better than the
adults. The three youth we taught are pretty golden!
How is everyone doing up there? Is the house even more quiet without
Lilli around? How's Katie doing at Huntsman?
Love,
Adam
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!
No comments:
Post a Comment