Monday, December 28, 2015

Elder Adam's Last email of 2015

Dear Family,

Gee, it was the best being able to see and talk to you all on
Christmas! That really renovated my week! I'm glad each and every one
of you is doing well! It's weird to think that there's just one call
home left.

My Christmas was pretty great! We went up to Iquitos for Thursday to
have a Christmas Conference with the President, in which he gave us
some Mexican candies (he's from Mexico), and we got to break open a
piƱata! Yours truly nearly destroyed it. :P We also managed to see a
Christmas parade passing through the streets, with Santa and Missus
Claus throwing out candy to all the kids. Us four missionaries from
Nauta were walking in a part of the road that had no people besides
us, but Santa still threw candy to us adults. Awesome!

For Christmas Day, we went and explored Iquitos a little bit and saw
some sights that I never knew existed (such as a cruise ship that's
been dried out of the water). We bought a few things (like Cup of
Noodles!) and I talked to you guys afterwards. It was pretty much the
best out-of-America Christmas ever!

Afterwards, this Sunday, we managed to find a family that has so much
family love that it nearly surprised me. When we ask people how
important their families are to them, they say "They're important" and
move on. This family, however, began spilling out their hearts on us
about how much they love each other. I could feel their love radiating
when they were talking. They're pretty much the best family we've
found so far!

It makes me think how much we love each other in our family. It made
me ask "When was the last time I did something nice for a family
member just to show my love for them"? That's a question I'd like you
guys to ask yourselves.

How's everyone been in the past few days? Is everyone having a Holly
Jolly Season?

Love,
Elder Dixon

No comments: