The results of Katie's bone marrow biopsy and full body scan were troubling. She has a new tumor in her liver that is 1.3 cm in diameter. The number of tumors in her lungs appear to have dropped a little, but some are bigger.
The results of the bone marrow biopsy are that her marrow has developed myodysplastic syndrome which is a pre-leukemia state often caused by chemo-therapy or radiation treatment. Katie will need a bone marrow transplant.
The danger is that she cannot adequately treat her tumors as she recovers from the transplant, and they may grow quickly.
We are having a special family fast and prayer this Sunday for Katie, and invite all who can fast to participate.
Love,
Oma and Opa
P. S. Katie wants everyone to know how much she appreciates your support, fasting and prayers. Details on the search for a compatible donor will be given as soon as Katie has them.
The results of the bone marrow biopsy are that her marrow has developed myodysplastic syndrome which is a pre-leukemia state often caused by chemo-therapy or radiation treatment. Katie will need a bone marrow transplant.
The danger is that she cannot adequately treat her tumors as she recovers from the transplant, and they may grow quickly.
We are having a special family fast and prayer this Sunday for Katie, and invite all who can fast to participate.
Love,
Oma and Opa
P. S. Katie wants everyone to know how much she appreciates your support, fasting and prayers. Details on the search for a compatible donor will be given as soon as Katie has them.
3 comments:
I am NOT okay with this news!! I hate sports cliches, but it's time to step up our game. During the next few days I will be examining my life and evaluating what I can change to be more obedient, more faithful. I encourage everyone to do the same. Faith precedes miracles. Faith is not wishful thinking. It is hard work, obedience, and belief in the plan of the Lord.
Our dear prophet says it's so:
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2010-07-032-faith-precedes-the-miracle?lang=eng
We are good people. We can improve. Let's rally together in humility and obedience. Faith precedes miracles.
Love you all.
M
Looks like you'll have to copy and paste the link to see the video. Watch it -- it's really good and only 57 seconds.
I agree with you Mary. I have already committed to change to some things in my life. I know that Heavenly Father is a God of miracles. I am praying for a miracle. Thank you for the insight Mary.
Post a Comment