Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Adam's January 26th Email

Hey Family! Wassup?

This week has gone by super fast, which is weird since I thought it'd go slow due to the changes two weeks ago. I'd thought getting used to a new area would make the hours go by so slow...but nope. They zoomed by! It's probably because my new companion works harder than my old one, and I kinda tag along in the hard work and lose track of time.

I've got an awesome companion! I feel blessed for getting a companion like him! I've never seen him angry or ready to quit, and it's pretty great. The other companionship in our apartment does not get along at all, so I'm lucky to have someone I can work well with.

So last week, I tried out some of the Pizza Hut pizza. It was good, but definitely Peruvian-made. This time, I'm going to try out some KFC and see how authentic that one is. The best thing I've had here so far, however, was this delicious mashed-potato pizza hamburger stuff. The three most beautiful things on earth: Potatoes, hamburger, and pizza, in one dish. (and some onions and tomatoes). And it tasted amazing! Right in time for Window's birthday too! 

Not only was it Window's birthday this week (I'm so glad I didn't forget his 13th birthday!), but it was also Elder Haymond's birthday this week too! People in Pucallpa like to spoil the missionaries, because that night, he came home carrying three cakes, a tin filled with candy, and half a piece of cake in his mouth. He needed my eating skills to help him finish the cakes. Through the week, we got through one cake and half a tin of candy before we got sick of it and decided to throw the rest away. Shame. 

Other than two birthdays, not much has happened this week. We're kind of far away from Iquitos, so we don't get as much word from the offices as we did when we were in Iquitos, but this week, I'm very convinced that I'll be receiving the New Years' package you guys sent me!

How are things going over there? Is Dad getting ready for his knee surgery? How is Katie feeling? Have the doctors found anyone that can do a transplant? How are all my wonderful nieces and nephews? I heard Solo and Ensemble is coming up! What's everyone playing? Speaking of Solo and Ensemble, my companion has Claire de Lune in his list of music, and I remember one of my sisters playing that for S&E, but I can't remember which one. I want to say Lilli, but I'm not sure.

Anyways, I love you all! I think about and pray for all of you everyday! I've got a friend that's recently decided to leave his mission, and it's made me think of how blessed I am to be able to serve one. A mission is an opportunity of a lifetime, and it's the best choice I've ever made!

Love,
Elder Dixon

3 comments:

Heather Dixon said...

Hahaha! I can't believe he remembers Window's birthday!

He forgot Bobo's though :(

Sounds like he's having an awesome time ^_^

Heather Dixon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Everyone forgets Bobo's birthday. I'm so glad Adam is having a good experience!