Monday, December 15, 2014

Elder Adam's December 15th email

Hey everyone! How are you all?

This week's been pretty interesting! For starters, I had a temporary companion change with an Elder named Elder Portocarrero. He's a pretty cool guy and a hard worker and I enjoyed working with him. His methods of teaching are extremely different from Elder Uribe's though. Elder Uribe is the kind of person who will usually go to references or people we're currently teaching and he'll make sure they get taught. Elder Portocarrero is the kind of guy who, if we find ourselves in the wrong place, will stop and talk to someone on the street and give a lesson if he can. Being with a different elder made me wonder what kind of missionary I'll be once I hit my missionary prime.

This week, we also had a little Christmas program where I got to play my violin! We had lots of fun with it. There were some funny christmas sketches and songs. Someone came up to me after the program and told me that I play violin like the gods. (Heh, heh, not even close) :P But it was pretty fun! Turns out that the ward I attend is putting on their own Christmas program this week as well, so I get to play the violin for an extra week!

I also had a spiritual and scary experience this week. As me and my companion were walking to church, I was walking a little bit ahead of him. I was about to cross an intersection at a red light, but I thought I heard him say "Wait up". I never heard him talk in English like that, but I stopped and waited anyway. A moment later, two motorcycles had both ran red lights and smashed right into each other. I was pretty convinced that it was the spirit telling me to wait up, because if I had crossed without waiting, I would've been hit by motorcycles on both sides. (The drivers of those motorcycles will be fine, by the way.)

Anyways, that's my week. How is everyone doing over there? Is Katie doing well? Is everyone getting ready for Christmas? I got to wrap this up fast. We got a late start on the Internet, so our time was cut in half. Oh, but I also get to Skype you guys on Christmas!

I love you all!
-Elder Dixon

P.S. Tell Emily hi when she gets home!

1 comment:

Jim said...

Sure glad the Lord is watching out for him.

CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!