Thursday, November 8, 2012

THANKSGIVING DINNER


It's only TWO weeks until
THANKSGIVING DAY!

I think everyone will be coming to our house this year. 
let me know if this isn't so! 

This morning I realized that it's only 14 days until Thanksgiving dinner.  Everyone has been asking me what they can bring and it has seemed like a long way off.......until I looked at the calendar this morning. Where does the time go?

So, I thought I'd let people sign up for what they'd like to bring. I will do the turkey and ham, and then work around whatever else needs to be done.
Suggestions are 
potatoes
gravy
veggies
salads
rolls
dressing
 (we've had several people request Faunice, but no pressure Faunice)
drink
pies
(can you ever have enough pie?)
yams
Anything you don't see here that should be here! 
decorating the table

We are open to any and all suggestions!
If you could let us know what you'd like to bring by November 17th
then we will know how to plan.

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

  
 
  
 

21 comments:

Kristy said...

Can we bring the drink and a couple of pies?

Faunice said...

I'll be happy to bring stuffing.

Katie said...

We will bring a veggie tray complete with black and green olives and also the cranberry sauce. I will also do a few pies and the mashed potatoes. Sorry, I absolutely won't do gravy. Is there anything else you would want me to do?

red said...

We'll bring potatoes Au Gratin and place cards, a small decoration for each person's plate.

dixon.mary said...

Sorry -- I stink at gravy too.

So I'll take yams, rolls, a side veggie (peas maybe?) and a couple of pies.

@Faunice: I have a crockpot you can borrow if you need it.

dixon.mary said...

Maybe we can list our pies so we don't end up with all pumpkin or apple?

Julie said...

I'm hungry just reading about all the food everyone is bringing. Kristy I have some clear plastic cups if you don't have anything special in mind that we can use for the drink.

Katie said...

So I thought I heard that someone wanted me to bring Grasshopper pie? If I get some clamor, I'll bring a couple of those and definitely something healthy that I can eat so mom you don't have to buy something special just for me. :)

Heather Dixon said...

I'll bring table decorations!

dixon.mary said...

!!ClamorClamorClamor!!

dixon.mary said...

Pies I'll make:
chocolate cream
apple
sugar-free something

Kristy said...

The cups would be great thanks. I'm not sure on my pies yet but I want to try a peanut butter one I've been wanting for years but I'm too lazy to make.

Kristy said...

We can bring anything else that's needed.

Faunice said...

What time will Thanksgiving be? 11 or 12ish?

dixon.mary said...

I forgot: I'm making a strawberry-rhubarb pie too.
Too many pies? I think not!

Peter said...

There can never be too much pie.

Sarah said...

lilli and I will bring a drink :)

Julie said...

OK, my mouth has been watering for 2 weeks now! I will do a jello salad and a green bean dish. I'm hoping to do a lemon pie and a razzleberry pie (cross your fingers). I'll do some gravy for those who like gravy. Is anything missing? Please if anyone can see something missing please mention it, sometimes it will be so obvious that no one sees it.
Can't wait, can't can't can't wait!

Kristy said...

I will make peanut butter, blackberry, and one other pie. I waited too long to go to the store so we will see what I find.

Faunice said...

This might be to late, but is anybody doing rolls? That is the only thing Owen will eat at Thanksgiving (grrrr... picky child) If no one is, I will pick some up on the way tomorrow.

dixon.mary said...

I'm doing rolls... and plenty of them!!