Monday, January 9, 2012

Sarah's January 5th email

Note: We were in Oregon when this email came through. So even though it's late, it means that we will be seeing TWO emails from Sarah this week. BONUS!!!

Happy 2012!

What a great new year! I think this one will be the best.
It has already started off good. Dorothy and her son, Jake are getting
baptized soon, and then Alice and her son, Matt are getting baptized
the week after! Heavenly Father has been blessing me by the
bucketload! It will be epic.

I celebrated the New Year by eating cheese and crackers, drinking
sparkling cider, and going to bed at 9:30. I lead an exciting life. I
tried to stay out until midnight (or 11:00 at least) but I fell asleep
while we were planning, so I thought it might not be the best plan.

Last week, we taught Dorothy the Word of Wisdom and in a effort to
help her quit coffee, we all agreed to give up sweets until April.
O__O I even signed a paper. It hasn't been so bad, the worst part has
been that we go over to members homes and they forget and have made
some decadent homemade goodie that we have to turn down. So It has
been quite the challenge. Although It makes it easier knowing I am
doing it for a cause. Dorothy hasn't been drinking coffee and she is
on track to getting baptized :)

Not much else has been happening. It was cool to hear that Elder Godoy
came to Christians homecoming. I guess I should start compiling my
homecoming talk, although I won't have a member of the seventy there,
so it doesn't have to be too fancy :)

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers, I need them!
Church is true!!!!!
Love,
Sister Dixon

No comments: