Here it is, the day no one thought would come!
I'm leaving Boston...
I have mixed feelings. I love the city life, I really do. It's exhausting and fun, and I love the people here. You get the most random personalities. And I have so many T stories (The T is the subway) and there is always something going on here. I also like being around so many missionaries. There are probably eight sets of missionaries I see on a regular basis, and I'll miss working with them, they are like war buddies.
On the other hand, I am ready to go. There is too much drama here for me, I think. I love the wards I'm in, but I think a change of missionaries keeps them from being too lax about missionary work. And I want to serve in a family ward again.
Anyway, I am moving to Connecticut. This transfer (Tomorrow,) we are combining with the Hartford, Conn mission and President is flip-flopping all the missionaries. I am going to a town called Storrs, it's next to Hartford, and I hear it's a really rich area. I'm pretty excited.
What I'm not excited about is leaving Sister Stevens. Over the past eight months we've been together, we have become very close. I'll be sad to lose her. We are both in denial that we aren't going together. I wish I could keep her for the rest of my mission, but alas. I cannot.
I'll get you my new address ASAP, but you can always just send things to the mission home. they forward it to wherever I am.
Thank you to Jim and Erin for all the pictures and updates. You look so happy! I love the pictures. Erin, you are model status.
I'm trying to think of what more to tell you...
This week, I got hit in the head and I couldn't hear in one ear for a couple of days, I kept falling over and losing my balance. But I'm better now. I'm hearing just fine! although I still fall over. I think it's just my natural clumsiness.
Nothing much else. I'll tell you all about Connecticut on Monday.
Loves!
Sister Dixon
1 comment:
I wonder how she got hit in the head! I know what my first question to her will be in my next letter.
Post a Comment